Come have fun with us at Trinity Classic Homes! Our barndominium office sits on 30+ acres of land and encompasses a family atmosphere with several fun amenities including a court for company competitions, and a full Gym for all Trinity Employees! We value our ability to create an environment where every employee feels like family. Join ours today!
- Purchasing Agent
Summary of Position Requirements
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for developing and executing division sourcing agreements for
specific spend categories. In addition, assist the director of purchasing with department community timeline and management the department workflow and areas of responsibility within the division.
Primary Duties and
1. Review bids for completeness and accuracy. Prepare Bid Comparison and review with the management team. Assist in selection of preferred bidder based on competitiveness and ability to fulfill contract requirements
2. Resolve specification, scope of work, and plan conflicts using purchasing IS system
3. Responsible for oversight of BuildTopia / TradeTopia as it relates to purchasing (Operating System)
4. Responsible for performing plan takeoffs as needed.
5. Update and maintain existing contracts as required.
6. Review all extra EPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
7. Identify areas and trends in extra EPO’s to prevent and to reduce costs.
8. Review and process options per change orders.
9. Prepare monthly site condition reports for new job starts.
10. Interact with Suppliers/Trade Partners and Field Staff to resolve payment issues, product replacement and personality conflicts
11. Prepare quarterly corporate reports in order to obtain the New Plus Rebates.
12. Maintain organization of Suppliers/Trade Partner files and contracts.
13. Review plan, create/revise budgets for multiple new and ongoing communities to ensure architecture is supported by the budget
14. Ensure adherence to department policies and procedures.
15. Status updates to the Director of Purchasing related to ongoing projects and activities.
16. Assist with communication and pricing negotiations with Suppliers/Trade Partners for the division.
17. Assist the Director of Purchasing with administrative support.
18. Cross-train in all areas of purchasing in order to be able to help out as necessary.
19. Assist with recruiting new Suppliers/Trade Partners to maintain the appropriate trade base.
Education and Experience Requirements
1. Minimum High School or GED required
2. Minimum 5 years in a purchasing role with a National Builder (preferred)
3. Negotiating experience preferred
4. Ability to read and understand residential blueprints.
5. Efficient with Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, and other software systems
6. Knowledge of all construction practices
7. Residential Construction experience is preferred
8. Professionally perform multiple, detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
9. Good writing and organizational skills
10. Must have the ability to perform high-level takeoffs.
11. Must possess a strong work ethic and have integrity and loyalty
12. Must be a team player with the ability to work well under pressure
Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
To apply follow the link below: